A New year - Time to Change The World

Yuup, its my birthday again. My new year starts today, not on the usual Jan1 like most. Due to the constantly changing stories behind the calender, I feel I shouldn't be following someone else's set standard on when its time for a "new beginning" - so I chose my birthday, makes more sense that way I think.

Time for reflection. Well, I cant honestly put all my dirty laundry on the web lol but to sum it all up - I'm glad the year is over. Hasn't been an easy one. Mostly disappointments, thought there were a lot of positives and life changing experiences/encounters (positively). Most things weren't in my control really - so guess maybe it was in the stars that I was going to have a not so epic year. Which brings a thought...

At the risk of being labelled a hippie - positive vs negative energy? I know. But think about it. Maybe i started the year in such a low note, all positive energy was sucked out and I ended up attracting negative energy. (cliché??) Thus meaning so long as it was that year, I would subconsciously move myself toward the negative aspect of anything - even if there was a chance of the positive.

Or was it just a shitty yea??

None-the-more, the years done and its a new one. New beginnings, resolutions..blah blah - the usual bureaucratic Jan 1 statements. But no long-term resolutions for me. Have decided to take it one day at a time. And a man with no resolutions might as well walk about with no purpose and head for whatever.
Its about short-term (daily/weekly/pushing it - monthly) resolutions. And let the next one be as a result of the previous one. Taking it not just one day at a time, but one resolution at a time. That way the year wont end, and on Dec 31 (or day before your birthday or whatever day you make your resolutions) we sat thinking - look how I failed at achieving that. if only i had noticed that 11 months back I could have done something about it.

The simplest element that's always taken for granted is how unpredictable life is. Life does not follow our plans. sure enough, we can try and do a lot towards turning it our way - but at the end of the day there are so many things we cannot control, and therefore meaning we have to alter and adjust our existence to life. Not life set-standards (by general people), but events which no-one can control. Death, birth, rain, snow, tax (that's a bit debatable but well)..the inevitable so to speak.

So starting with the first resolution - I"ll make it a weekly one. Nope - I ain't saying lol..but hopefully with time the results will show clearly on here.

Just had an epiphany. A lotta things need to be changed. The problem with plenty folk is they do not understand. So its always a case of explanation after explanation - and I know no1 is worth it - if they don't see it - they don't, but my God, do I love to prove people wrong lol. I know- "how modest" - well, maybe folk shouldn't be so quick to judge. :)

Taking it one resolution at a time, adjusting to situations, staying positive and giving the best, its time to change the world.

Yuup - I said that. Lets change the world (and no I ain't no hippie :) ) And lets try and get that paper while we're at it yea?

3 comments:

  1. nice post , refreshing and honest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Trying to keep it the honest way. Who knows - maybe we can change the world :)

    ReplyDelete