Good Jazz! Sipho Gumede - Gabriel's Garden

Had to share on of my favourite Jazz tracks (well, there's hundreds I love really lol), but here's what I'm listening to at the moment..Sipho Gumede, South African jazz musician.


Mood music huh? I remember my first encounter with Jazz was more of it being forced on me at an early age, but i think maybe just the first two instances are the only times I felt forced to listen to it. I fell in love immediately. Jazz and Phil Collins (back in those days the Jazz was Early Klugh, the likes of Wishful Thinking, Calypso Getaway and Tropical Legs). I admit, had it not been for those early musical experiences, I'd probably be krazy about 50Sense(lol), dancehall ( I appreciate it, just not mad about it..I don't get the message..its too shallow for me), Soulja Boy and the rest of them fake musicians out there...

So some say i act too old for my age, some say I'm boring(lol), some say I'm too serious (well, life takes me seriously too)....I say I appreciate the things in life most people neglect..like the origins of all music - Jazz (or the Blues as it was known back in the day).
Hope you enjoyed the track...
tj

No comments:

Post a Comment