I asked how she was.....

..then she spoke of sad, lonely  nights and shed tears...my heart sank!


All along the perception was of a graphic nonchalant attitude, pain free, relief, heartless....what a misunderstanding. Oh such hypocrisy in the judgement.

I was quite taken aback I literally fell back and sank into my seat. How could I have known? Wait - how could I not have known?

Life experiences maybe? Well yes. Definitely. Bias is alive and dictates  daily decisions. The hurt and disappointed had painted a cold and lonely word. A world where the core has turned into stone - lifeless.

From the start it may not have been as clear cut, but the thin veil was transparent enough, and soon enough it was revealed. There was no way it could have stayed hidden/unknown.


So much in the too good to be true belief.

Forced to confront all the hidden emotion, I sat there with that glass of Merlot staring at me like "what now?'.

A picture is coming together behind my eyelids I'm afraid to blink, let alone close them. How will I get through the night? questions and more questions arise. For the first time in a long long time, I'm stuck.

Its not from indecision on the feeling - that's rather obvious. Its "course of action".




See, the c.o.a had been decided based on the earlier "assumption", so this new "situation" does not alter much in the desired end result, but provides another option, a different route on the c.o.a. And its the easier but harder route.


It don't make sense. Well, its easier as its the safer option and almost guarantees the end result, but harder as the "journey" has to be endured through what most have generally labelled as impossible. The up-side - it ain't a game.

The previously decided upon course of action - well the opposite really. Harder but easier. No guarantees, actually greater chance of failure, but its easier to endure the journey...and its all about "playing your cards right".

Enveloped in never ending emotion, a smile creeps upon my face. The smile that had recently disappeared in the midst of all the confusion. "I'm alive." this is what life is. The emotion, the feeling, the unknown, the unexpected, the tears, the joys and laughter, the questions, the quest for better-for the best-the rare quality.....




Its at that moment that I knew what to do. Nothing. No games, no plans, no questions....


Just embrace the beauty of the moment, and take it one day at a time...one smile at a time..:)

3 comments: